St. Croix Information
Presently NO PASSPORT IS REQUIRED for St. Croix
- U.S. Dollar is the legal tender – traveler’s checks and foreign monies may be exchanged at any local bank.
- We drive on the left hand side of the road, even though most of our cars have steering on the left.
- The official language is English with many accents and dialects from around the Caribbean, including a spattering of Spanish
- Banking Hours: 9-2:30, M-F / ATMs in handy locations.
- Store hours: 9-9:30 am until 5-6 pm, Monday-Saturday; some late hours offered downtown and at shopping centers.
- 24-Hour Emergency Medical Service is available at the hospital, and various local pharmacies.
- Dress Code: V.I. law does not allow skimpy attire in the towns. This applies to both men and women, so please leave swimsuits and short shorts for the beach or pool.
There are many things to do on St Croix. Some of these include:
- St. Croix Diving
- Horseback Riding
- Beach Walking
- Lying by the pool
The St. Croix Environmental Association is hosting a series of guided coastal hikes, kayak tours, and bird watching expeditions. The St. George Village Botanical Gardens is hosting their popular “Second Saturday” series which teaches kids (and parents) the wonders of the plant world. Sign up for an art class, take a snorkel clinic, attend a lecture offered by the National Park Service about Buck Island. Or, just plan to cool out at Sunset Jazz and World Music Under the Stars.
Local ST. Croix Links:
- www.st-croix.com – St. Croix Information Links
- Crabbs Dive Club – all about diving with our local dive club
- Go-To-St.Croix YouTube page – get a video tour of the island hotels and events.